31 March 2008

Oh dear!

I've been so very silly...I started this blog to talk mainly about fashion, and I haven't written a lick about it yet. Not the best way to start out, methinks.

Thanks, Fashionista.


This weekend, my mother helped me make a beautiful grey pleated skirt à la Catherine Holstein's FW08 collection, with the big cheerleader-type pleats. The pattern had the hem at knee length, but I'm chopping it off to a couple inches above, because the long hem made me feel like an old lady. Hopefully I'm keeping it long enough to wear at my new job(!), although I suppose opaque tights will make a difference. I'm looking forward to wering it with my grey knee-high socks and patent t-strap shoes. And the best part is it's supercheap; we got all the supplies for around $10. WIN!

Speaking of the new job, I now have a full time job in an office for the summer, doing graphics for a small bank-type operation. I'll be working in a typical "office environment," so it'll be interesting how my style adjusts to leaving the house at 7.30am and to the dress code. I'll definitely have to move away from the current jeans/hoodie/military jacket thing I've been doing every day.

1 comment:

Sales Rack Raider said...

Congrats on your new job! Dressing for work can be challenging, but it's the fun kind. I think once you get a feel for the culture of the place and have made a good impression, you can afford to branch out a little fashion-wise without feeling like you're breaking the dress code.